Easy to make, healthy recipe of a homemade guilt free mayonnaise.
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 180-200 ml of Avocado Oil (or any good quality oil of your taste)
- Pinch of salt (pink or sea salt is better)
- Pinch of brown sugar
- 2 tsp of Dijon or Dry Mustard
- 1 tbsp of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp of Raw Cider Vinegar
- Spices of your choice if like
The best way is to use a glass jar and an immersion blender to fit in the jar without moving around.
First, place the egg yolk, mustard, salt, sugar and spices in the jar.
Separately whisk lemon juice and cider vinegar in a bowl.
Using the low speed, blend in half of the lemon juice and vinegar mixture into the yolk, then slowly add your oil in (add a couple of spoons, keep blending, then add a couple of more, keep blending).
You will see the mixture is becoming lighter and thicker.
Pour in the rest of the juice, and then the rest of the oil. Continue blending, until it gets smooth and thick.
Leave your jar to rest in a dark dry place for a couple of hours( acid will kill the germs of the egg) , and then store it in the fridge. It will last for 3 days.